20070904

Psalm 19

Fulda (Germany)

The heavens declare God's majesty;
The skies his handiwork portray.
Day after day speak fluently;
Night after night, the truth display.

There is no speech, nor are there tongues,
Where their clear voice cannot be heard.
Throughout the world their voice it runs,
To earth’s remotest ends, their word.

He's pitched a tent there for the sun,
A bridegroom glad, a keen athlete.
From east to west now see it run;
There's nothing hidden from its heat.

The Lord's own law unflawed it is,
The weary soul it soon revives.
The Lord's own statutes we can trust,
They serve to make the simple wise.

The Lord's own precepts they are right,
They cause great joy from hearts to rise.
The Lord's commands they shine so bright,
They shed clear light upon the eyes.

The Lord to fear, that is so pure,
Enduring through eternity.
The Lord ordains - then it is sure,
He always governs righteously.

Worth more than gold, than much pure gold;
With honey from the comb their stored.
Of dangers there your servant's told;
In keeping them there's great reward.

Forgive the sins I cannot see,
Keep me from sinning wilfully;
May sin no longer rule in me.
From great transgression set me free.

May every word that I recite,
What in my heart I've pondered on;
May both be pleasing in your sight,
My Rock, Redeemer and my Lord.

No comments: