20070914

Psalm 26

CM

O Lord, come now and vindicate,
My life is free from blame;
I’ve trusted in the Lord and state
That’s been my constant aim.

Examine me, O Lord, and test;
Come try my heart and mind;
Your love before me always set,
My feet to truth inclined.

With lying men I do not sit,
Vile gatherings I hate,
I will not join the hypocrite
Nor sit with the depraved.

I wash my hands in innocence,
Go round your altar, Lord,
Aloud your praises I’ll announce,
Your wondrous deeds record.

I love the house, Lord, where you dwell,
The place your glory owns.
With sinners do not take my soul,
My life with ruthless ones.

Their schemes they are despicable,
With bribes their hands o’erflow.
But I am irreproachable;
Redeem me, mercy show.

My feet they stand on level ground;
With that great gathered throng
Before the Lord I will be found
Praising his name in song.

No comments: