20070920

Psalm 30

LM

O Lord my God, you I’ll exalt,
You lifted me out of the depths,
O Lord, you’d not let my foes gloat.
Help I sought, my God - you gave health.

O Lord you brought me from the grave;
Out from the pit my life you raised.
Sing to the Lord, you saints he’ll save;
O may his holy name be praised.

His anger lasts not long, it’s slight,
His favour lasts until life’s end.
Though tears remain all through the night,
Yet with the morning, joy he’ll send.

‘I’ll not be moved’ I said, secure,
O Lord, when you your grace displayed.
How firm my mountain stood, so sure -
You hid your face: I was dismayed.

To you, O Lord, I called, to you;
For mercy to the Lord I cried:
‘What good does my destruction do?’
‘What good if in the pit I died?’

‘Will dust give praise to you on high?
Your faithfulness will it declare?’
‘O Lord, show mercy! Hear!’ I cry,
‘O Lord, come help, show me your care.

My wailing’s gone and dancing’s come;
You changed my sackcloth for great joys,
My heart now sings, it is not dumb.
O Lord my God, thank you always.

No comments: