20070922

Psalm 31a

Psalm 31:1-15

CM

In you, O Lord, I refuge take;
May I not see disgrace;
Come save me and do not forsake,
Save, in your righteousness.

Come, may your ear be turned to me,
Come rescue before long;
A rock of refuge to me be,
To save, a fortress strong.

For your name's sake guide and lead me,
My strength, my rock you are.
Out from the trap they've laid set free,
My refuge sure you are.

Lord, in your hands my soul is placed,
O God of truth, redeem.
Those who to idols cling I hate;
I trust in the Lord's name.

I'm joyful in your love, I'm glad,
My suff'ring you well know.
You saw the anguish my soul had,
I'm not left to the foe.

In spaces large my feet you've set,
O Lord, send me relief,
Distressed, my eyes they weaker get,
My frame, my soul, know grief.

My life by suff'ring is consumed,
My years in groans they go;
My strength, by pain, to failure doomed,
My bones they weaker grow.

My neighbours hate me utterly,
Because of every foe;
If on the street we meet, they flee,
My friends, what dread they show.

Forgotten like the broken shards,
It's as if I had died;
I hear so many cruel words;
Terror on every side.

Against me they all plan and scheme,
To take my life they plot.
But you, O Lord, I trust, esteem,
I say, “You are my God.”

No comments: