20071003

Psalm 35a


Psalm 35:1-10

11 11 11 11

Contend, Lord, with those who with me would contend;
Those who with me fight, come Lord, fight and subdue.
Take up shield and armour; come, rise to defend.
Wield javelin and spear against those who pursue.

‘I am your salvation’ now to my soul say,
Send shame and dishonour on those who'd me seize;
May those plotting ruin turn back in dismay,
God’s angel drive them out as chaff on the breeze.

May their pathway darkness and slipp'riness see,
May the Lord's own angel pursue as they flee.
Since they without cause hid their net there for me
And without a reason a pit dug for me.

May ruin ov’rtake them, take them by surprise,
May they be enmeshed in their nets and held tight.
May they in the pit fall, O cause their demise.
The Lord makes my soul glad, he saves - my delight.

My whole being shouts out 'O Lord, Who's like you?'
From those for them too strong, the poor you set free,
Those poor and in need you come rescue, you do,
From those who would rob them, they gain liberty.

No comments: