20070915

Psalm 27

CM

The Lord’s my Saviour and my light,
Why should I be dismayed?
The Lord’s my life’s defence and might,
Why should I be afraid?

When evil men to me turn back
My body to devour,
When enemies and foes attack
They’ll stumble, lose their pow'r.

So, though an army me surround,
My heart from fear is free;
Though war break out to me confound,
Still confident I’ll be.

There's one thing I ask from the Lord,
It's this that I pursue:
That there in the house of the Lord
I may reside with you.

May I behold all my life's days
The beauty of the Lord
At his shrine may I on it gaze
And there seek for the Lord

He'll keep me safe, in days of woe,
Safe in his house I’ll be.
The shelter of his tent I’ll know,
He’ll on a rock set me.

Above my foes he will exalt
My head, though they surround.
I’ll sacrifice with joyful shout,
The Lord’s praise there I’ll sound.
___________________________

O hear, Lord, when I call, my voice;
Have mercy, answer me.
My heart says ‘Come, seek the Lord's face!’
Your face I’ll seek to see.

In wrath don’t hide your face from me,
Don’t give your servant over;
You’ve helped; don’t scorn, don’t turn from me,
O God, my Saviour.

Though father, mother, me reject,
The Lord he is my rest.
Teach me your way, I’ll not neglect
Straight paths, Lord, though oppressed.

Don’t leave me, Lord, to the desires
Of those who are my foes.
False witnesses against me rise,
They're breathing violent blows.

I'm sure I'll see still, in this state,
The goodness of the Lord.
Be strong, take heart, for the Lord wait,
Yes, still wait for the Lord.

No comments: