20071009

More extra verses

A Kempis
There is a well known children's chorus based on the words of Thomas a Kempis in his Imitation of Christ “Without the way , there is no going; without the truth, there is no knowing; without the life, there is no living.” The whole quote from A Kempis goes
"Follow thou me. I am the way and the truth and the life. Without the way there is no going; without the truth there is no knowing; without the life there is no living. I am the way which thou must follow; the truth which thou must believe; the life for which thou must hope. I am the inviolable way; the infallible truth; the never-ending life. I am the straightest way; the sovereign truth; life true, life blessed, life uncreated. If thou remain in my way thou shalt know the truth, and the truth shall make thee free, and thou shalt lay hold on eternal life."
Perhaps you could add further verses therefore.

I am the way, the truth and the life,
That's what Jesus said. (2)

Without the way, there is no going;
Without the truth, there is no knowing;
Without the life, there is no growing.

You are the way that I must keep to;
You are the truth that I must trust to;
You are the life that I must live to.

You are the way that's not pretending;
You are the truth that's never bending;
You are the life that's never ending.

You are the way, there's no way straighter;
You are the truth, there's no truth greater;
You are the life, you're the Creator.

You are the way, so we can truth see;
You are the truth, the truth that sets free;
You are the life, that always will be.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful and inspiring lyrics. God bless.