20070925

Psalm 32

St Peter CM

How blessed is he who is forgiv’n,
Though oft he has transgressed,
Whose every sin has now been hidd’n,
That man is truly blessed.

The Lord he does not that man's sin
Against him ever count,
That man he has a heart within
Where only truth is found.

When silent, my bones wore away,
With groans all day I'd bleat.
Your hand hard on me night and day,
My strength sapped as by heat.

Then I agreed that I transgress,
I hid it not but said,
‘My sins I'll to the Lord confess’ -
Through you sin's guilt was dead.

So let the godly pray to you,
While still you may be found.
When mighty waters rise, it’s true,
He’ll stand upon dry ground.

In you my hiding place I’ve found;
You’ll keep me from mischance;
With songs my life you do surround,
Songs of deliverance.

I will instruct you and I'll teach
The way that you should go,
I'll counsel you, I will beseech,
I'll watch ov'r you, you know.

Do not be like the horse or mule,
Which do not understand,
The bit and bridle is their rule
Or they’ll not stay in hand.

Great are the woes of wicked men,
The Lord’s unfailing love
Surrounds the man who trusts in him,
All round him is that love.

Rejoice in the Lord and be glad,
You righteous ones, take part.
Sing praise each one of you to God
Who upright are in heart.

No comments: