20070907

Psalm 22a

Melita

Psalm 22:1-14

My God, my God, O why have you,
In my distress, forsaken me?
And why so far from saving too
Far from my groans, far from my plea?
My God by day I cry in vain,
By night, I cry and cry again.

Yet you're enthroned the Holiest;
The praise of Is-ra-el are you.
In you our fathers put their trust;
They trusted and deliverance knew.
To you they cried; salvation came;
In you they trusted without shame.

A worm and not a man am I,
By men I'm scorned, by them despised.
All those who see me, mocking cry,
They hurl their insults, shake their heads,
'The Lord's his trust; so let Him fight,
The Lord save him; he's his delight.'

Yet you brought me out of the womb,
You gave me faith on mother's breast.
You've been my God from mother's womb,
From birth on you I have been cast.
Be not far off, for trouble's nigh,
There's none on whom I can rely.

Bulls me surround, strong bulls round me.
The roaring lions tear their prey,
They open wide their mouths 'gainst me.
Like water I am poured away.
Bones out of joint, my heart is wax,
It melts away at these attacks

No comments: