20070910

Psalm 22b

Melita

Psalm 22:15-31

My strength is dried like hardened clay,
My tongue is stuck betwen my jaws.
Down in the dust of death I lay.
A pack of dogs around me gnaws;
A band of evil men surrounds,
They've pierced my feet and pierced my hands.

I count my bones, I cannot hide,
The people gloat at me and stare.
My clothes among them they divide,
By casting lots decide their share.
But you, O Lord, don't hide away,
My strength come quickly, help, I pray.

My life deliver from the sword,
From pow'rful dogs my dear life free,
Save from the horns of oxen wild
And from the lions' mouths save me;
Your name to brothers I'll declare
Where they are found, I'll praise you there.

All you who fear the Lord, him praise!
Bow Jacob's seed, fear Israel's son;
He'd not disdain, he'd not despise
The anguish of the suff'ring one;
He would not hide his face away,
He'd hear him when for help he'd pray.

My theme for praise it comes from you
When the assembly great is met;
Where God is feared, to vows I'm true,
The poor they eat, they are content;
They who the Lord seek, him adore,
May your hearts live forevermore!

Earth's farthest ends they will recall
And to the Lord they'll all return,
The families of the nations all
Bow down to him as they all turn.
For with the Lord vast pow'r remains
Over the nations all he reigns.

The rich of earth all feast and bow;
Bound for the dust, him kneel toward,
To stay alive they don't know how.
A seed will serve, heirs hear the Lord.
His righteousness they will make known,
To those unborn - what he has done.

No comments: