20070924

Psalm 31b

Psalm 31:16-25

CM

In your hands are these times of mine;
From foes deliver me.
Let your face on your servant shine,
From my pursu'rs set free.

In your unfailing love, save me.
Lord, may I not be shamed.
For I have called on you to see;
May wicked men be shamed.

Let them be silenced when they die.
They speak contemptuously,
Silence the haughty lips that lie
Against the good proudly.

How great the goodness you have stored
For all those who fear you,
Which will in men's sight be bestowed
On those who hide in you.

In the shelter of your presence
You hide from tricks men use.
The place you dwell is their defence,
From tongues that them accuse.

And so now let the Lord be praised,
For he has shown to me,
When in a city caught, besieged,
His love so great to see.

"I have been cut off from your sight!"
In my alarm I said.
You heard my cry, pitied my plight,
When I sought you for aid.

Love the Lord, who'll the faithful save
But pay in full the proud.
All you be strong, all you be brave,
Whose hope is in the Lord.

No comments: