20071206

Psalm 40a

PSALM 40:1-11
Ballerma CM

I waited for the Lord did I,
With patience ’til his time;
Until he turned and heard my cry
And took me from the slime.

He lifted me out of the pit,
Out of the sinking sand.
My feet upon a rock he set,
Enabling me to stand.

He put a new song on my tongue,
Praise to our God, a hymn.
A host in fear see what God's done;
The Lord - they trust in him.

The man who trusts the Lord is blessed,
All false gods he denies.
He does not seek the proud for rest
Or turn aside to lies.

How many wonders you have done,
O Lord my God, what care.
For us you’ve planned a greater sum
Than any can declare.

A sacrifice you don’t desire
But pierce my ears instead;
Burnt offerings, too, you don’t require,
Or offering up the dead.

‘I’m here, I’ve come’ I said to you,
‘It’s written in the scroll.
Your will it’s my desire to do
Your law is in my soul.’

Proclaim I righteousness not woe,
My lips I do not seal.
In the assembly great, you know,
O Lord, I you reveal.

Your righteousness I don’t conceal;
Your saving love my song,
Your love and truth, yes, I reveal
To the assembled throng.

No comments: