20071222

Psalm 42

CM

As pants the deer for streams that flow,
I pant for you, O God.
My soul the God who lives would know,
When can I meet with God?

My tears my food both day and night,
While ‘Where's your God?’ men shout.
These things my memory brings to light
As I my soul pour out:

How to God’s house I would progress,
Lead multitudes in song,
With shouts of joy and thankfulness
Among the festive throng.

Why are you, O my soul, downcast?
Within, why so disturbed?
Put hope in God, you'll praise at last,
My Saviour and my God.

My soul’s downcast within again,
So I’ll remember you
From Hermon’s heights, from Jordan’s plain
And from Mount Mizar too.

Deep calls to deep beneath the roar
Of your high cataract;
Your waves and breakers on me pour,
Across me they have swept.

By day the Lord directs his love,
At night his song’s with me -
A prayer to my life’s God above,
To God my rock I flee:

I - ‘Why have you forgotten me?
Why must I mourning go?
Why is it that I’m constantly
Cowed by the enemy?’

My bones in mortal agony,
My foes all taunting me,
They all day long still say to me
‘Where is your God? Where’s he?’.

Why are you, O my soul, downcast?
Within, why so disturbed?
Put hope in God, you'll praise at last,
My Saviour and my God.

No comments: