20070728

Psalm 9

Montgomery

Wholehearted my praise, O Lord, to you I’ll bring;
Of all your great wonders I’ll tell, this my cry.
I’ll be glad, rejoicing in you as I sing;
I’ll sing praise to your name, O to you Most High.

My enemies turn back, they stumble and flee.
They die, for my right and my cause you’ve upheld;
You've sat on your throne and you've judged righteously,
Rebuked all the nations, the wicked expelled.

You've blotted their name out now and evermore.
Endless is the ruin in which they collapsed,
Their cities uprooted by you, they’re no more;
And even their memory by now has elapsed.

The Lord reigns forever, his rule has no end,
For judgement his throne he's established, now see.
In righteousness, judgement on this world he'll send;
The peoples he'll govern in truth faithfully.

The Lord is a refuge for all the oppressed,
A stronghold in times when great troubles do shake.
Those who know your name will all yet in you trust,
For those, Lord, who seek you, you'll never forsake.

Sing praise to the Lord who's enthroned on Mount Zi’n,
Proclaim among nations what he has done yet.
He does not ignore the afflicted who pine,
For he who avenges their blood won’t forget.

O Lord, see my foes, how they persecute me!
Have mercy and me from the gates of death raise,
That here in the gates of Zi'n's daughter I'll be
Glad in your salvation, declaring your praise.

The nations are sunk in the pit they've prepared;
Their feet have been caught in the net they have hidd’n.
By their own hands' work are the wicked ensnared;
The Lord he is known by the justice he’s giv’n.

The wicked return to the grave in the end,
All lands that forget to keep God in their eye.
The needy won't always be left out of mind,
Nor will the oppressed see their hope ever die.

Arise now, O Lord, let not man's way prevail;
Let nations be judged in your presence, amen.
Strike them now with terror, O Lord, do not fail,
Let all of the nations know they are but men.

No comments: