20070724

Psalm 7

Toulon

O Lord my God, I hide myself in you;
Save and deliver from those who pursue,
Or, like a lion, my soul they will tear,
Rip me to pieces, with no-one to care.

O Lord my God, if guilt at my door lays -
If I’ve robbed foe, or friend my act betrays -
Let foes pursue, o’ertake me, as is just,
Trample my life down, make me sleep in dust.

Arise, O Lord, in wrath my foes confound,
Awake, my God and justice now decree.
Let the assembled peoples gather round,
Lord, from on high, their Ruler you must be.

O Lord, judge people; O Most High, judge me,
Lord, judge my soundness and integrity.
O righteous God, men's minds and hearts you see.
Give cru’l men death, the just security.

God The Most High, the one who is my shield,
The upright heart he surely saves always.
God is a righteous judge, it is revealed,
Day after day his wrath he does express.

If he does not relent, he’ll hone his sword;
He’ll take and bend and then he’ll string his bow.
His deadly weapons he has had prepared;
All ready are his flaming shafts to go.

He who is pregnant with such vile intent,
Trouble conceives, bears disillusionment.
Who digs a hole and scoops it with a spade
Falls in the pit which he himself has made.

The trouble caused upon himself recoils;
In his own violence he himself embroils.
I'll thank the Lord for his own righteousness,
The Lord's name - God Most High, I'll sing, I’ll praise.

No comments: