20070719

Psalm 2

St George's Windsor

Why do nations scheme and plan,
Why do peoples plot in vain?
Kings of earth rise as one man
Altogether those who reign,
To oppose the Lord most high,
And resist Messiah’s sway,
‘Let us break their chains!’ they cry,
‘We will cast their bonds away’.

He who sits in heaven will laugh,
How the Lord will scoff, he'll jeer,
Then rebuke them in his wrath
And in anger make them fear.
This is his word to all,
‘I've installed my King to reign,
Here on Zion, holy hill,
My Anointed I maintain.’

His decree I will proclaim:
Just to me the Lord did say,
‘You're my Son; this is your name,
I’m your Father from today.
Ask of me, and I will make
You the heir to nations all.
With an iron sceptre break,
Dash them into pieces small!’

Therefore, kings, be wise, give ear!
Listen rulers of the earth!
Serve the Lord with godly fear;
Mingle trembling with your mirth;
Kiss his Son, his wrath avoid,

For his wrath can quickly flare.
On the way don't be destroyed,
Bless'd are all who seek his care.

No comments: