20070723

Psalm 6

Melita

O Lord in wrath rebuke me not,
Nor in your anger chasten me.
Show mercy, Lord, for I am faint;
Lord heal my bones from agony.
My soul's affliction don't prolong,
How long, O Lord; O Lord, how long?

Return, O Lord, make me anew;
Through your unfailing love, O save.
A dead man won't remember you,
Who gives you praises from the grave?
Worn out from groaning, I can't sleep,
All night I flood my bed and weep.

All night my couch with tears I soak
Because of these my heavy woes.
My eyes with sorrow they grow weak;
They fail because of all my foes.
All who do evil, leave this place,
The Lord has heard my weeping cries.

The Lord has heard my cry for grace;
The Lord accepts my prayers that rise.
All who oppose me he'll disgrace,
They'll be dismayed who me despise;
In sudden shame they're turned away.
Amen. So may it be, I say.

No comments: