20080718

Psalm 52

CM

You mighty man, why do you boast
Of sin; why boast all day?
You are a man who is disgraced
In God's own eyes today.

Your tongue, destruction it conceives;
It's like a razor keen,
Your mouth by practice, it deceives,
You love what is unclean.

You love what's evil not what's good,
Love lies, not staying true.
Yes, you adore each harmful word,
O tongue so vile, untrue!

God will arrange for your descent
To lasting ruin, damned.
He'll snatch and tear you from your tent,
Uproot you from the land.

The righteous they will see and fear;
“Here is the man who failed
To make,” they'll say, yes how they'll jeer,
“Make God his safe stronghold.”

“In his great wealth he trusted, he,
Grew strong destroying others!”
But I am like an olive tree
That blossoms in God's house.

I trust in God's unfailing grace
For ages yet to come.
Forevermore your name I'll praise
For all that you have done.

My hope I will in your name place
Because it's good, your name.
How I'll praise you before the face
Of saints you've freed from blame.

No comments: