20080717

Psalm 51b

CM

From all my sins, O hide your face,
Blot out iniquity.
God, make a pure heart in its place,
Renew resolve in me.

Me from your presence do not send
Or your pure Spirit take.
A willing spirit to me lend,
Salvation’s joy rewake.

And then I will transgressors teach
Your ways that are so true,
Then sinners will turn back, changed each,
They will turn back to you.

O God from bloodguilt set me free,
The God who saves me, yes,
And then my tongue will singing be
About your righteousness.

O Lord, my lips unloose to sing,
Let my mouth speak your praise.
If you craved off'rings, these I'd bring;
You don't want lambs to blaze.

The sacrifices sought by God -
A broken soul that cries;
A bruised and broken heart, O God,
You never will despise.

In your good pleasure Zion make
To prosper and to grow;
O may Jerus'lem's walls not break,
Rebuilding may they know.

Then righteous sacrifice there'll be,
A whole burnt offering
To give delight to you, for see
To altars bulls we'll bring.

No comments: