20070827

Psalm 17

CM

O Lord, come hear my righteous plea;
Come listen to my cry.
Your ears to my prayer open be,
It’s not from lips that lie.

May vindication come from you;
May your eyes see what’s right.
You probe my heart, test if I'm true -
I am, though searched at night.

My mouth won’t sin I have resolved.
And as for what man does -
By your lips' word, I’m not involved
With violent people's ways.

My steps with your paths correspond;
And my feet do not err.
On you I call, God, you’ll respond;
Give ear and hear my prayer.

The wonder of your love show me,
Who’s right hand will set free
Those who to you for refuge flee
From ev’ry enemy.

Keep me the apple of your eye;
In your wings’ shadow hide
From wicked men who villify,
Dire foes from every side.

Their mouths with arrogance abound,
Their callous hearts close fast.
They’ve tracked me down, they now surround,
Alert, me down to cast.

They’re like a li’n hungry for prey,
A great li'n crouching low.
Rise up, O Lord, confront, waylay;
From sinners may I go.

O Lord, from such save by your sword,
O by your hand save me,
From men of this world whose reward
Is in this life only.

The hunger you bring to an end
Of all your cherished ones;
Their heirs have plenty; they extend
Their wealth to their own sons.

And I - in righteousness I’ll see
Your face; awake I'll be
And satisfied I then will be
Your likeness there to see.

No comments: