20070821

Psalm 16

CM

Keep me unharmed, O God, because
In you I safely hide.
I told you ‘You're my Lord. The source
Of all I have that's good.’

As for the saints who’re in the land,
They're glorious – my delight.
The sorrows of those will expand
Who to false gods take flight.

To pour out blood to gods I'll not
Or speak their names, for sure.
Lord, you my cup and share allot,
You’ve made my lot secure.

My bound’ry lines fall pleasantly,
My heritage so bright.
I’ll praise the Lord, he counsels me,
My heart's taught too at night.

I have the Lord before me set,
Always at my right hand.
And so whatever may be yet,
Unshaken I will stand.

Therefore my heart it is so glad,
My tongue by joy possessed,
My body also is secured,
It will in safety rest.

Because you’ll not abandon me,
In death I will not stay,
Your Holy One you will keep free
From bodily decay.

The path of life to me you show,
With joy from you I’m filled.
Throughout eternity I’ll know
Good things from your right hand.

No comments: