20200330

I sometimes sense I'm starting to despair

I sometimes sense I'm starting to despair
I somehow feel that people just don't care.
My conscience cries out "nothing's really fair",
It even seems as if there's no one there.

Just what should I do when I feel this way?
Tell me what to do when I just can't pray.
What can be done when you're starting to stray?
Show me how to stand in this evil day.

The answer lies in duty - no shortcut,
It must be discipline and nothing but.
The answer's hard work - other doors are shut.
There's only one exit out of this rut.

But that's the problem, I just can't go on,
This is my struggle - all I do goes wrong.
The problem is this (I've said it all along)
How can I fight when there's no vict'ry song?

Yes, the answer is duty - that is true
But the solution is, Christ, found in you.
The great need is his grace shining on through
Justified by Faith, we love what is true.

So call to God in the midst of despair,
Call to the Saviour, seek his face in prayer.
God is good and he is willing to share
All of your heartache, you're suff'ring and care.

No comments: