Psalm 30
LM
Lord my God, you I will exalt,
You lifted me out of the depths,
And you would not let my foes gloat.
Help I sought, my God - you gave health.
From the dead, Lord, you did me bring;
Up from the pit, my life you raised.
The Lord's praises, faithful ones sing;
May his holy name now be praised.
His anger lasts not long, it’s slight,
His favour lasts until life’s end.
Though tears remain all through the night,
Yet with the morning, joy he’ll send.
‘I’ll not be moved’ I said, secure,
Lord, while your grace, in me held sway.
How firm my mountain stood, so sure -
You hid your face: then came dismay.
Though tears remain all through the night,
Yet with the morning, joy he’ll send.
‘I’ll not be moved’ I said, secure,
Lord, while your grace, in me held sway.
How firm my mountain stood, so sure -
You hid your face: then came dismay.
To you, Lord, I called out, to you;
For mercy to the Lord I cried:
‘What good does my destruction do?’
‘What good if in the pit I died?’
‘Will dust give praise to you on high?
Your faithfulness will it declare?’
‘Hear Lord, show me mercy!’ I cry,
‘Lord, come be my help, show your care.’
For mercy to the Lord I cried:
‘What good does my destruction do?’
‘What good if in the pit I died?’
‘Will dust give praise to you on high?
Your faithfulness will it declare?’
‘Hear Lord, show me mercy!’ I cry,
‘Lord, come be my help, show your care.’
My wailing’s gone and dancing’s come;
You changed my sackcloth for great joys,
My heart now sings, it is not dumb.
Lord my God, you I'll always praise.
You changed my sackcloth for great joys,
My heart now sings, it is not dumb.
Lord my God, you I'll always praise.

No comments:
Post a Comment