20070724

Psalm 7

Toulon


Lord my God, Lord, I take refuge in you;
Save me, deliver from those who pursue,
Or, like a li'n, my soul apart they'll tear,
Rip me to pieces, with no-one to care.

Lord, if I'm guilty, my God, of wrong ways -
If I’ve robbed foe, or friend my act betrays -
Let foes pursue, o’ertake me, as is just,
Trample my life down, make me sleep in dust.

Arise in anger, Lord, my foes confound,
Awake, my God, and justice now decree.
Let the assembled peoples gather round,
Lord, from on high, their Ruler you must be.

Let the Lord all judge; O Most High, judge me,
Lord, judge my soundness and integrity.
You, righteous God, our minds and hearts you see,
End bloodshed vile, the just keep securely.

    
12 
God The Most High, the one who is my shield,
The upright heart he surely saves always.
God is a righteous judge, it is revealed,
Day after day his wrath he does express.

If he does not relent, he’ll hone his sword;
He’ll take and bend and then he’ll string his bow.
His deadly weapons he has had prepared;
All ready are his flaming shafts to go.

Whoever's pregnant with evil intent,
Trouble conceives, bears disillusionment.
Who digs a hole and scoops it with a spade
Falls in the pit which they themselves have made.

The trouble they cause on them will recoil;
In their own violence they themselves embroil.
I'll thank the Lord for his own righteousness,
The Lord's name - God Most High, I'll sing, I’ll praise.

No comments: